Friday, August 20, 2010

21st Sentry

Well...this is it...the final farewell...the curtain call...the end...of my summer break, aka "the time in my life when I am calm, relaxed, spontaneous, and can go without makeup".  Gone are the days of sleeping in...I must say adios to all things unhurried.  But, before I start boo hooing into my morning cup of coffee, I must say that work does have its advantages...mainly getting to see my colleagues...my friends...every day.  Much like the kids who are gearing up to go back to school (to see their friends), I am looking forward to the relationship part of it all.  The homework part...nah...not so much.  Each year at this time I stop and reflect...much like one does on January 1...about how this year I'm going to be more organized, have more patience, get enough sleep, etc., etc., etc. But the adult in me knows that deep down no matter how much I try to do all of the above...well...let's just say "life steps in."  Even so I am determined to take things a little more slowly.  I have such an appreciation for the "good old days"...a time when life was "simpler."  As our world and surroundings speed forward "into the future" I have decided that, while I plan on keeping up with all of the progress, I am going to do what I can to be ever watchful of how I spend my days.  Yes, I love my itouch and my cell phone and my computer.  Sure, I have mastered texting and dabbled in skyping.  I rely on emailing and troubleshooting and downloading.  All of those things are wonderful and they have made my life a little easier in many ways.  But this year I plan on relying heavily on enjoying and simply being.  As I stand guard and watch out for all that is coming ahead I still want to remain in touch with all that once was. 

1 comment:

  1. oh - what a great pic - i wanna go there again!!

    ReplyDelete