Sunday, July 22, 2012

Dog Days


Has it really been an entire year since my last post?  Whoa!  I know the appropriate saying is, "Time Flies When You're Having Fun," but that's not necessarily the reason why I haven't posted.  Truth be told, I don't really know why I haven't posted...other than the fact that I've been super busy and my kids are teenagers, and I'm hormonally imbalanced.  But other than that...yeah...I've been having 'fun.'  
So, here it is, July 2012...the temperatures have kept me on the far far end of the highly irritated scale.  I don't even want to look out my window let alone open the front door.  I did venture out once but that was to river where I was immersed in the water the entire time I was there.  
I remember being younger and listening to the old ladies gripe about sweating...how they hated it.  I recall thinking that they were just wimps...old wimps.  My how the tables have turned.  I'm not only old, but I'm wimpy.  Heat is for the lizards.  Bring on the chilling gusts of wind that whisper to women everywhere, "Go forth and shop for wool!"  
I love summer...I really do.  I'm blessed to have a job where I am afforded multiple months off.  I'm fortunate to live in the country where I can walk around in my scuzziest threads and never have to wash my makeup off (since I never have to put it on!).  I'm grateful for the long, lazy days and the entitlement to ice cream that comes with extreme humidity and extended periods of drought.  
I have many projects in the works and one of them includes posting on a regular basis.  I’ll commit to a minimum of once a week and see how things go from there.  It feels good to be back in the nest!

No comments:

Post a Comment