Tuesday, August 11, 2009

In Too Steep

Well...there's no turning back now. I officially returned to work today after being off for the summer. I won't lie...those two months are definitely a perk and are often what keep me motivated. But I really do enjoy what I do and the people with whom I am privileged to work make for some really fantastic days. Just like the kids, us teachers get just as excited to see each other when we head back to school. Some of us have shorter hair...some of us have grown our hair out. And still others of us have changed our hair color altogether! No matter the changes we are all still one big reunited family and it feels good to see each other again. Of course there are always some new faces of which we eagerly take under our wing and grow to love...oftentimes learning more from them than we could have ever imagined.

On my first day back I was faced with a multitude of obstacles...I was starting to think I was being tested. My sleep was interrupted at 4 a.m. when my daughter came in to inform me that the dog had peed in her bed!, I couldn't fall back asleep until 5:45 with my alarm sounding at 6:00, almost every single road I had to travel on was under construction, and on my way to a meeting at my boss's house I missed her street (since it was THE ONLY ONE WITHOUT A STREET SIGN!) but that's not the only reason I was TWO HOURS LATE...my daughter's back to school orientation was at the very same time! Nice first impression don't ya think?!

Despite all of these things I was determined to maintain a calm demeanor and managed to laugh it off. Tomorrow promises more of the same but I'm hopeful I can at least remember to let the dog out before I fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment