Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bitter No More

Sometimes we can't help but to feel a bit sour.  Sometimes our outlook is pretty grim.  Sometimes all we need to cure our mood is a large dose of friendship.  I had the pleasure of spending almost the entire day with a dear friend.  As soon as I arrived at her house she confessed that she had such a miserable night she had considered uninviting me.  After an hour or so of our visit she told me that she was glad that I had come. Her outlook had changed and her mood had lifted.  We all have our moments of weakness and self-doubt.  But we should never ever forget that there are people who are in our corner...no matter what.  I actually enjoyed being able to simply sit and listen.  I had prayed earlier in the day to be able to offer whatever was needed and I felt that listening was best.  Sure I had plenty to say...but today was not about me.  I love having friends...friends who love me no matter what...and friends whom I love no matter what.  Life can be full of bitter lemons...but it's our friends along the way who help turn the bitterness into sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment