Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Nuts and Bolts of Shopping

Okay!  I get it!  Now I officially know how painful it is for men to go shopping with women.  The other day I tagged along on a trip to town and ended up walking into what can only be described as a "Man Mall."  As soon as the sliding doors opened I was met with a whoosh of scented air.  Only this time the scent was not Chanel...it was....hmmm....I'm not really sure.  I do know that it was repulsive and I found myself trying desperately not to inhale.  It had a hint of rubber with a top note of gasoline.  This tool warehouse had everything a handyman could ever want.  And get this...it was a discount store!  I guess that's where the similarity lies between men and women and the whole shopping experience:  we all love a good bargain.  There were aisles and aisles of compressors, ratchets, drill presses, and pliers.  No matter where I turned I was met with hardware.  There was not a soft item to be found.  I couldn't breathe.  I had to get out of there.  I actually did what a lot of men do when shopping with women:  I sat down in one of the display chairs.  It was a nice folding lawn chair that came with it's own drink holder and folding table attached.  It was beneath a canvas canopy.  It afforded me a nice view of the socket sets and metal ramps.  So, needless to say, I learned my lesson: always, always, always go shopping alone...or else bring along your best girlfriends and frolic in the makeup and clothing departments knowing there isn't a chainsaw blade or wheelbarrow tire in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment