Thursday, July 14, 2011

H2OMG!


It has suddenly dawned on me that I have "crossed over."  I am now in the category of women who actually get into the water to cool off.  I don't give a hoot about a tan, and I jog in place with the hopes that when I towel off my thighs will not only be taut, but about as big around as the curling iron I no longer use because who uses those things anymore?  It's all about the flat iron now.  Flat, flat, flat.  I do not like that word anymore.  In fact, it has become a four-letter word to me.  "Flat" is a bad tire!  
I now own a bathing suit that has a built-in skirt.  I consider it "dressing up" to go swimming.  I no longer get goosebumps or "test the water" before getting in.  I don't worry about mascara running because makeup has become "one more thing" that I have to take off at night.  I'm sick of layers, whether it be in clothing or in my hair.  I no longer "suck in" because it doesn't look any different when I don't.  I'm past the sticker shock of the size on the tag...I just want something that is bigger than I am so I feel comfortable.  I used to pay $30 for a 2 tiny pieces of material...now I pay $12 for one large piece.  The fact that we are in the middle of one of the worst droughts on record has done nothing for my broken internal thermostat.  Back when there was water and I owned a bikini, I was always too cold to jump in.  Now...it's hotter than hell and I feel like creating some waves!

No comments:

Post a Comment