Saturday, July 16, 2011

Great Ball of Fire!

Okay!  Enough with the heat already!  I used to think those movies that had people incinerating on the spot were exaggerating....but that sort of thing almost happened to me the other day when I snuck outside pre dawn to let the chickens out of their coop.  I figured that I would be safe considering the fact that it was 6:30 a.m. and the temps were only in the mid 90s.  Well they were!...almost.  The air simply burns.  So what if there is a breeze....it does not help because the “breeze” feels like the whoosh of heat you get when you open the oven door.  Because of all of the sweating that’s going on I’m having to wash a lot of clothing that I would otherwise merely “recycle.”  I have to refill the birdbath daily because a)the birds have declared it the best watering hole in the county, and b)the sun sucks up whatever is left at the end of the day.  On more than one occasion I have actually, physically been stuck to my car’s seat. ‘Tis the season of less clothing, but unfortunately, ‘tis also the season to either wear SPF 100 (yes, there is a 100...I know...I own it), or stay indoors.  So go jump in the lake you winey woman ... I would...if there was any water left to jump in.  Right now I am reminded of the Bugs Bunny cartoon...the one where he jumps up and then dives straight down into what should be an oasis of beautifully cool and refreshing water....only he ends up eating sand.  Ehhhhh.....what’s up with this heat, Doc?!

No comments:

Post a Comment