Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hot Dog


The days have been a little sultry this week. I turned on the air conditioner for the first time since last year...I had to or else I was going to collapse into a puddle of melted skin...and it is only May! We had been enjoying leaving our windows open night and day but once the house heated up there was no turning back. I believe in conserving energy and saving money...I really do...but I am no longer in the mood to sweat if I don't have to.


On the flip side my little dog, Roo, is lovin' the heat. Since she is all of four pounds she tends to follow the sunny spot in the house all day long. I snapped this picture of her taking in the rays of the sun. Normally she likes to nap on the porch on the welcome mat. Not on this sunny weekend though...she actually ran out into the yard, plopped down, rolled over, and sighed. It was as if she was simply going to sniff around when all of a sudden she realized there was true warmth surrounding her and she couldn't resist it's pull...kind of like the poppy field in The Wizard of Oz. Some of us can sleep anywhere-anytime...I'm all for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment