Thursday, May 21, 2009

Not Tonight


Not wanting to leave Roo out of the "cute sleeping pet" category I decided to let you get a glimpse of Her Royal Highness. Pay close attention to the expression on her face: it is basically saying, "Don't even THINK about touching me, moving me, sliding in next to me, or even looking at me." You see, Roo, the itty bitty 4 pounder rules the roost when it comes to bedtime. I can hardly step into my son's room, let alone stand next to his bed if she is already settled for the evening; I have the puncture wounds to prove it. At least I know that should anyone, God forbid, sneak into our house we would all be alerted immediately and the burglar would be mangled before we could dial 911. While I could probably drag Snickers down the stairs by one of her outstretched paws-her limp and sleeping body slinking over each step as if were a silken cloth (during which time she would not so much as even open one eye) I can not even tell my son goodnight without a low, gutteral, vibrating growl emminated from somewhere beneath the covers. If I so much as dared to chance a kiss on the forehead I would risk the loss of any appendage touching the bed. But, by day she is cute and well-behaved so we keep her around.

No comments:

Post a Comment