Monday, July 20, 2009

Alpha Bravo Charlie







So here I am watching news footage commemorating the 40th anniversary of the 1st man on the moon when a HUGE question forms in my brain....just how is it that we could get a live feed...actual audio reception of Neil Armstrong speaking FROM THE MOON back to EARTH and I can't even get one bar on my cell phone or air card to pick up a feed from a wireless tower less than a couple of miles from my house????!!! Huh?!

For the past two days I have been wanting to post something poignant about my 20th high school reunion and I haven't been able to because...oh...I don't know...there was a cloud passing over???? Anywho I finally got my computer to react to my ranting, banging, and begging and at 9:54 p.m. I was able to complete a connection. The pictures above show just how we have been able to communicate all summer long. As "luck" would have it (my 'luck' that is) the best reception can be achieved if, and only if, we try to connect while up in my son's treehouse (maybe it has something to do with being closer to God???). My ingenious son set up a def-com station the likes of some Vietnam War fort and after suspending our air-card from the rooftop was able to gain an extra bar of reception. The only problem with this little setup is the fact that it is 104 degrees outside these days!!! Just the other day I climbed those handy little stairs in nothing more than a pair of flip flops and a damp bath towel...no lie (and no pictures) to help him with an itunes issue. Yup...you gotta love the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment