Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Let Me Out!!!

Sometimes our vision gets a little distorted and we have to stop right where we are and look at things differently. Just the other day the winds picked up and began to churn all of the dust that has been blanketing our area of the hill country for so long now. I happened to be in my car at the time and could hear the pelting of the dust particles as they peppered my door. I was instantly blinded by a chalky haze and thought immediately of the days of the dust bowl. While the winds cooled things down a bit the rain never came. Without an outlet the clouds were forced to travel on until the conditions were just right for a downpour. While nearby yards received some wet and welcome relief we were left to wait and wonder when? In much the same way my creativity has been brewing for a while now. I suppose I hadn't found an outlet yet because I had always been waiting for the 'perfect conditions' to present themselves. What I have coming to realize is that when dealing with one's creativeness the only conditions are the ones we place upon ourselves. And that is why I have been posting to this site...for it is my outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment