Sunday, July 5, 2009

Those Lazy Days of Summer


Last night I stayed up late (until 12:00 a.m.) thus calling for the need to sleep in (until 9:30 a.m.) thus resulting in the need for a nap (at 5:00 p.m.). As you can see I am simply worn out! This not working routine has me exhausted! It has me wondering how in the heck do I do it all when I am working?? Wow! I am fearful that if I had tons of money and did not go to work I would sleep just enough to feel rested enough to feel like sleeping again. But this ultimately has me realizing that I would no longer have bags underneath my eyes which means I would not have to apply concealer which means I would not even begin to know how to exist without the need to conceal, cover up, and create a "natural" look. And so, I am resigned to the fact that no matter how much I catch up on my sleep during these glorious summer months off I will ultimately end up looking like I thrive on all-nighters when back at work. Nevertheless the chance to be a relaxed and lounging soul has me feeling completely content. Plus...since I am wide awake now at 8:30 p.m. I must treat myself to a glass or two or four of wine so that I can partake in falling asleep for the second time today.
Now, lest you think I stayed horizontal all day long I must divulge that I did, in fact, do a little light cleaning and straightening....that is until it pooped me out and I had to retire to the couch for some History Channel viewing (one must stay educated). With the temperature over 100 degrees one can't blame me for wanting nothing more than to keep myself hydrated and rested...heat stroke is not something one should take lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment