Thursday, July 23, 2009

Toadally

Had to share this picture I snapped the other evening! The grass was moist from a teaser shower and the sun was setting...I ran outside to take a picture of Snickers in the perfect lighting when this toad caught my eye. I was surprised he let me get as close as I did. I desperately tried to get a shot of Snickers and the toad in the same frame but the closest I got was some whiskers and a pair of toad legs flying off to the right. As I reflected on this warty toad I couldn't help but to think about myself. I have had my share of warts pop up on my hands and fingers and my skin has felt awfully dry and scaly. I no longer feel "colorful" but instead feel more drab and dull. On more than one occassion I have blurted out the infamous, "I feel like a toad!" So what is a tired, stressed, disorganized, almost-forty-year-old girl to do? Sit around and wait for "the kiss" that will undo "the spell" and turn me into the princess I used to be? Oh wait...I never was a princess...oh crap...I'm really a toad. At least I can always paint my toadnails and pretend.

No comments:

Post a Comment