Monday, November 10, 2008

Beat the Clock

I'm home! I'm home! I feel like Cinderella at the ball! I took the day off from work-called in sick...which I am...sick and tired that is. I needed a day to tackle my messy home (could use a series of days actually). This year has been by far the busiest yet-mainly because the kids are more involved with after school activities-but also because we live out of town. Too many nights find us driving home close to 8:30 at night because we've had to wait around until a 6:00 event even started. Needless to say this has not fared well with the keeping up of a home. And so, here I sit...coffee in hand, emails read, and the Today Show on the television. But, like Cinderella, the clock is ticking and in just a few short minutes I will not only be wearing rags, but cleaning with them. I have floors to scrub, tubs to scour, and toilets to clean. There is some kind of red sticky goo that has conglomerated on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator and despite the fact that 6+ loads of laundry were washed yesterday there are still more to go.
I have but one question: Where the hell is my fairy Godmother?!

No comments:

Post a Comment