Monday, November 3, 2008

I Met Stephanie Klein!!

Stephanie Klein does not know this, but she is THE reason that I went to the Texas Book Festival in Austin, Texas. Yes, there were literally hundreds of authors present, but she is who I went to see. After discovering her blog, greek tragedy, (http://www.stephanieklein.com/) and after reading her books Straight Up & Dirty and Moose, I just knew that I had to meet her. I completely "get her." While our worlds are completely different there are still many similarities.

When someone blogs the way that Stephanie does there is not much room for mystery. I feel as if I know her. And, after listening to her speak and getting to talk to her face to face, I am so pleased to know that she really is who she is. There are always those authors who are good on paper but are anything but interesting in real life. Stephanie is real and beautiful and strong and good. I am so thrilled to be able to (after spending so many hours perusing all of her pictures) have a picture of my very own of she and I together!!

I must say it was a personal thrill for me and she was very gracious to put up with all of my babbling. (Thanks Stephanie & best wishes to you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment