Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Counting Down

There is a clock counting down the number of minutes left until the borrowed computer I'm on shuts down. It seems that at any given point in time I am being timed. Before I go to bed I make sure my alarm is set. When I wake up ...er...when my alarm wakes me up...I stumble to the coffee pot hoping to pour a cup before my alotted three minutes of "me time" is up. I rush to get the kids up, dressed, fed, coiffed, and out the door before the clock screams 6:45 (this has happened once...usually it's at or after 7:00...thus making me LATE and messing up all the other timers of my day). We rush to school/work and mark our progress by the programmed spots on the radio stations combined with our exact location when they play...if we are past the county line when the "weird story" comes on...we just might make it...before the county line...fuggittaboutit! Since I work in a school my entire day is based on increments of time...TO THE SECOND! Not so fun for an abstract-randomly creative soul such as I. And yet, I cannot function without my watch...I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS!!! Speaking of...I only have 14 more minutes left and then I guess this monitor will turn back into a rat...or else I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment