Monday, April 20, 2009

Jingle Jangle



I love my pets. I miss my pets when I am at work. A couple of times I have snuck my dog to work--but it turned out to be more work fretting over her and trying to be covert than simply longing to be home with her. I have one dog, a miniature Chaweenie (Dachshund/Chihuahua)named Roo and one tabby cat named Snickers (she's really my daughter's cat but you know how that goes...The Mama is The Mama is The Mama). Snickers and Roo each wear a collar and either tags or bells so that I know where they are at all times. Each tag/bell has a certain timbre to it so that I can differenciate between the two. Just the other day my daughter was playing with an extra collar and as soon as I heard the jangle I thought immediately of Roo. Today, I kept hearing what I thought was Snickers' bell all througout the day only that was impossible because I wasn't even home. It turns out the zipper on the lightweight sweater I was wearing sounding almost exactly like Snicker's bell. In some ways it brought me comfort but in other ways it freaked me out. I decided that when my pets have gone on to greener pastures I would get rid of any and all collars with jingles and jangles on them. I would rather keep pictures of them as cherished memories than to hear a jingle-jangle and involuntarily think they were still running around.

No comments:

Post a Comment