Monday, April 20, 2009

Z What I Mean?

Oh the wonders of sleep! After spending a huge chunk of time resting up and recuperating from total fatigue (wish I could say it was all due to the marathon I participated in last weekend, or due to the remodeling project I commandeered...but, no...I would never subject myself to such punishment...it was actually a direct result of living life) I showed signs of patience when my daughter rolled her eyes after one of my motherly comments...I exhibited total control...and what's more...while I was aware she was doing it I wasn't the least bit perturbed by it. Freaky! Normally I'd immediately regress and become an antagonistic teen and get sucked right into the whole "Whatever?!" lingo and body language routine. Perhaps some zzzzs are the only things I really truly need to be a better parent. Of course, this means that as soon as we get home I would have to go straight to bed while my family withers away from starvation and falls farther and farther behind in school because no one was there to help them with "their" homework. So how can I be the best me when I am stretched so thin I am mistaken for the rug beneath which everyone walks?

No comments:

Post a Comment