Thursday, April 30, 2009

Found It

I found the darn receipt. It was in my briefcase---the SAME briefcase I ransacked in the parking lot---YESTERDAY. It was safely tucked away in the little zippered side pouch---the one designed to hold IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS LIKE RECEIPTS!
The trouble here is not with the briefcase but with ME. You see...I tend to obsess when it comes to bags. Every day I change bags. I change the bag I haul all of my shtuff around to and from work. I change the bag I call my purse. And each time the bags get bigger and heavier. The muscle between my neck and my right shoulder blade is ON FIRE right now because of my compulsive need to lug not only shtuff, but HEAVY shtuff to and fro. Anywho I switched out bags yesterday because I was in much more of a "leather briefcase" kind of mood than an "embroidered canvas tote" sort of mood. Turns out the canvas totes are a lot like the ugly shoes...unforgiving but oh so practical. Had I stayed with the tote I would have simply dropped the receipt into the cluttered abyss where it would have surely been easily retrieved. But, NO, I had to go and screw things up by trying to appear organized and put-together. I even went so far as to utilize the zippered pouch. Never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment