Sunday, April 26, 2009

Stuck on You



One of the sheer joys of living in the country is not knowing what the next day has in store for you…that and not knowing which creature will take the “Mi casa es su casa” saying to heart. Take this morning, for example. As soon as I shuffled my way into the kitchen my eyes immediately were drawn to something on my window. It was more or less a large splot and I thought that, perhaps, it was one of those huge moths. Nope. It was a frog…on. my. window. As in, stuck to it with its little webbed toes. As in, don’t these kinds of frogs live in the jungles of Columbia? Of course, I could only see its underside since it was stuck to the glass. I immediately ran to my car to grab my camera out of the trunk before it…hopped??... slid away??? I was amazed to discover that it was not alien green like I would have guessed, but instead, it looked exactly like the bark of an oak tree. My daughter wanted to keep it as a pet but since we were rushing to make it to our church’s early service I wasn’t able to “whip up” a terrarium/biodome/cage/habitat for it…I know…Bad Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment