Tuesday, April 21, 2009

You Are Getting Sleeeepy...

Still feeling a little puny today, so I snuck away to the doctor's office to see if I could get some blood work done. I figured it has been a while since I've been poked (take that as you will) and that was when I found out I was hypoglycemic. I needed a clean bill of health to erase any fears of contacting a new strain of a yet-to-be-named killer virus that was slowly attacking my insides (see what I mean about "brooding?"). Now remember, my symptoms included extreme fatigue and lack of energy...and I say this because the physician's assistant (that's who I saw...not the Doctor...why...that would be INSANE!) told me that I would need to fast before I had any blood drawn. So, let me get this straight: You want a weak person to starve herself for a little over 12 hours so a medical professional can take the living blood out of her?! Yeah...that ought to secure me a place on the floor!
So, tonight I will deprive myself of anything to eat or drink after 10:00 (not a problem as I have been falling asleep before 8:00!) and then I'll have to not eat breakfast, not have my coffee, and pleasantly arrive at work where I'll have to control the shakes until I can hopefully sneak away sometime before 11:00.
I'm thinking a trip to the Frosty machine is in store after the "withdrawal."

No comments:

Post a Comment