Saturday, April 18, 2009

Welcome to the Brood!


First of all let me make one thing very clear: Within the posts of this blog you are not going to find any helpful hints about which formula to buy your brand new infant or which bottle works the best. I am not going to inundate you with advice on everything from playdates to play-doh. I will, however, dish about how irritatingly frustrating life can be as a WORKING MOTHER WHO LIVES IN THE COUNTRY! I wear the banner "Slacker Mom" with pride and, quite honestly, would crumble if I had to be "Mom of the Year" (according to society's standards). Lately I have tried reading some of the Mommy Blogs out there...and don't get me wrong...they are great...for new mommies. But what about the Mawms (said with head jutted forward, lower jaw dropped, eyes rolled back, and an exasperated and exaggerated amount of breath by her prepubescent kids) who can't even remember having toddlers (or try desperately not to) because it was NOT exactly Parenting Magazine worthy? What about the Mawms who care-just as much as the mommies-but who are too tired to show it? What about the Mawms who secretly brood on, over, and about the fact that the stage of motherhood they are in is no longer about car seats but about possible car wrecks...it is no longer about No More Tears but about More Tears than Ever Before?

No comments:

Post a Comment