Sunday, April 26, 2009

Say "MAMA"...now "HUSH!!!"

Is there anything better than realizing that both of your children are asleep? IN THE CAR? AT THE SAME TIME?! Well, that is exactly what happened today on the way home from church. Okay...so they more than likely weren't zonked out and drooling, but they both had their eyes closed and they were not fighting. It was so pleasant to hear only the diesel engine...for fifteen minutes...IN A ROW!

This got me thinking about how for years we, as parents, encourage our kids to talk and interact with us only to pray for them to just shut up and leave us alone for one gosh darn minute! What is up with this line of reasoning? And then, there are all of those parents who have been there before us chanting phrases like, "Oh, you better cherish these moments now!" and "There will come a day when you'll wish you still had their fighting to listen to...at least then you'd know where they were!" Enough people! I don't know which parenting planet you raised your kids on, but in my galaxy my kids are around me 25/8 and I'm just saying I could use a moment to breathe in AND out without a face or an opinion within a two-feet radius.

No comments:

Post a Comment