Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm Normal...How Weird is THAT?!

After a few days of waiting for the results of my blood work to come in I was finally told that I am perfectly normal. It seems that every time I actually feel great it never occurs to me to go get a check up...you know...to find out why I feel so gosh darn good. But, every time that I feel like crud I rush off to the doctor and subject myself to all kinds of specimens only to find out the reason that I am feeling nauseated, barfy, fatigued, shakey, jittery, puny, and off-kilter is because I am healthy. Hmmmpppfff. Of course, I am elated to know that the inner workings of my being are operating like they are designed to despite the fact that I often pummel them with sugar, caffeine, and salt on a daily basis...oh yeah...and an ounce or two or twelve of the beverage du jour.



I have been trying to make better choices when it comes to eating and so far it has only left me starving for more! I actually did some yoga yesterday and if there had been a pizza in the house I would have eaten the entire thing, box included! A couple of days before that I walked a mile and a half and felt so dehydrated afterwards I was craving an ice cold beer. I've got to hand it to the health nuts out there...talk about discipline! Just this morning, for example, I ate a sensible breakfast of Special K with almonds thankyouverymuch and as soon as I got to work a coworker approached me with bean and cheese taco

No comments:

Post a Comment