Thursday, June 12, 2008

Falling Apart at the "Seems"

As someone who has, at one time or another, been a size 2, 4, 6, and 8, I can tell you that I am struggling the most with being all of these sizes at once! That's right, folks! As I am now a heck of a lot closer to 40 than 30 I am being hit from every angle. I am literally falling apart at the "seems"...it seems that I am still the same size although I cannot fit into my blue jeans. It seems that I still have the same face, but my makeup is not quite "blending." It seems that I have it all together, but that is only when I am standing so straight and sucking in so hard that if asked to actually sit or speak I would shoot across the room like an unknotted balloon!

I was genetically blessed with a nice complexion and a tiny waist. I was also born a GIRL!!! I knew this "time" was coming...it had to! And so, as I grow up (and out)I must face the realization that I can no longer eat whatever I want whenever I want. I must make exercise a (dare I say it) habit. I have to control my repulsive seething whenever a 20-something bounces by...for she was once me.

The funny thing about all of this is that I am still happy. I still like me and I pray that I always will. It's just that when my seams start unravelling my "stuffing" begins to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment