Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Proper Planning Prevents Pizza Problems

As a temporary stay at home mom (thanks to my two months off in the summer) I can now spend the kind of quality time with my kids I long for...I can now operate in a less hectic mode...I can now prepare lovingly homemade meals for my family...NOT!

While I may not do everything wrong I certainly don't do everything right. For example, just this evening I thought that perhaps I would make some meatballs and rice...maybe even a salad to show I care...but then I realized that I would actually have to thaw out the meat first. I have done this before when "prepping" for meatballs, but a round meatball watery meat does not make. According to a quote by author Rick Warren, I work by pressures. While I believe in proper planning (I really do) I just can't seem to do anything until it absolutely needs to be done. A few years ago I actually accepted that this isn't necessarily wrong it is just the way that I operate. That being said I immediately decided that tonight we would feast on Pizza Rolls!!
Being the happy homemaker that I am I lovingly lined the toaster oven's tray with aluminum foil (this made me feel very 'Martha' plus I won't even have to wash the tray...how's that for planning ahead?!)

I poured as many tiny pizza rolls as would fit and popped them in the oven. I set the timer for 9 minutes, poured a glass of wine, and rushed off to take a shower (I am still in multitasking mode...it takes a while to totally succumb to the fact that I do not have to do 138 things at once!). I told my daughter to listen for the timer and I started bathing. During my "rinse cycle" there came a knocking on my bathroom door. My daughter came in to tell me that the timer went off but that I never turned the oven on. My first response: "Well, at least they're not burned!"

No comments:

Post a Comment