Saturday, October 4, 2008

And How Was Your Day?

There is just too much to divulge that, even for me, is too personal-so I'll just leave you a few snippets of what my day entailed:




  • a Big Red Icee (all ice no juice--just as well since my straw sucked...figuratively)


  • an emergency dash to the restrooms in Marshalls while walking from the parking lot to the store without separating my thighs.


  • the disposing of personal undergarments (brand new too-wouldn't you know it)


  • the purchase of new personal undergarments


  • the wearing of pants backwards (oh yes I did)


  • the purchase of new pants


  • an ill-fated search for a newly released book but was told by the bookseller, "We don't have it...it's brand new." (voices in my head said, "That's why I came to the BOOK STORE.")


  • the emptying of the bed of a truck


  • filling up at a gas station 3 times in one day - 2 different vehicles


  • working on the weekend in a building whose electricity was out (I used the flashlight I carry in my purse and considered the sweating a form of exercise)


  • another ill-fated search-this time for tweezers-the ONLY style that was sold out was THE style that I wanted.


  • yet ANOTHER ill-fated search for pony-tail holders (sold out at Target--no lie)


  • at the risk of repeating myself I'll call this next one an ill-fated attempt to rent movies...both IronMan and LeatherHeads were sold out...all 259 copies


  • the irritatingly incessant beeping of some kind of alarm from the data room in my library while I was working in the dark


  • the last minute call from my son informing me that he had just been invited to a friend's house (which meant as soon as I got home I'd have to drive him back to his friend's...in a different town)


  • a cancellation in my dinner plans


  • DO I REALLY NEED TO CONTINUE ON??????

No comments:

Post a Comment