Wednesday, October 8, 2008

No More WeakEnds

Raising our kids to be good, Christian, people can be very challenging. I am discovering that the challenging part of it all has to do with me rather than them. It is I who grumbles and whines (if only inside my mind) whenever we have to stay in town late into the night because of Wednesday night confirmation classes. I am the one who contemplates getting up early enough to attend church on Sunday mornings. My kids have never whined about having to go to church or Sunday School or confirmation classes. They simply accept these things as a regular part of their lives.

Just this evening, after picking up my son from football practice at 5:45 we pulled up in front of the church a little before 6:00 for his weekly Journey In Faith (JIF) confirmation class. He asked if he could go on in early and he always leaves the car in good spirits. He seems happy and eager. Every Wednesday evening, when I pick him up at 8:00 he jumps into the car with a pleasant attitude. Every Sunday morning (early in the morning) both kids get out of bed in good moods and never complain about having to leave home.

In this fast-paced world it is so easy to want nothing more than to sleep in on that blessed Sunday morning. But I have found that, if anything, my family often gets the recharging they need not from laying in a bed, but by sitting in a pew.

No comments:

Post a Comment