Saturday, January 3, 2009

Getting to the ROOt of the Issue

Yes, that's my darling dog, Roo, sitting in the potted plant...looking up at me...pleading for me to take her with me. Everytime I am getting ready to leave the house she will jump into any item that either looks like it may be going with me or is closest to the door. Dogs just know when their master is getting ready to leave. Roo starts frantically following me from room to room once she sees me putting on my shoes. Her tiny toenails clacking on the floor; her doe eyes looking upward...sometimes even watering (break my heart). Thank God for our loving pets. They are the only ones we can always count on to make us feel good...no matter what. Right now, as I type this after an hour long solitaire session (can't sleep) Snickers is sleeping at my feet and I can hear Roo's bell/tags jingling every so often as she shifts her position in my son's bed down below. These are the things that make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment