Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Night Light


I have a little angel
She's plugged into the wall
I turn her on at night
To ensure I do not fall
While walking through the house
After everyone's asleep
I'm comforted by her presence
While down the hall I creep
She lets me know I'm not alone
That everything's alright
I won't stumble I won't fall
While she's shining bright
But just the other morning
When I came out of my room
I noticed the lack of light
I was filled with impending doom
When I reached the outlet
My angel was not there
I found her later on
Lying in a chair
It seems that the light of my angel
Was just a tad too bright
And so my angel of a son
Removed my little light
And so the battle wages on
We silently stand our ground
I plug her in and turn her on
He lays her on the ground
I understand he needs the dark
To help him fall asleep
But I also know that in the night
Our guardians we must keep

No comments:

Post a Comment