Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Love


I've been thinking a lot about love. As a young girl I was very in love with the idea of being in love. When I was first in love I was very aware of what I was experiencing...I was always hovering over myself so as to be able to take it all in...store it up...and save it just in case I ever forgot what it felt like. When I had my first child those "in love" feelings came flooding back to me and, like before, I was aware of what I was feeling because I did not ever want to forget it.

To love somebody...unconditionally...it just feels so right. I appreciate all who love me-in their own way-and I love them for it. Some have shown love by scratching my back for what felt like hours, while others have shown love by hugging me tight. Some have loved by listening while I blab, while others have shown love by crying alongside me. I have family and I have friends...and I am so grateful for all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment