Thursday, January 1, 2009

Day 1




Out with the old and in with the new---I love the idea that TODAY is our "clean slate" day. No matter what we did or did not do last year THIS year we will have a chance to redeem ourselves. One of the headlines in the San Antonio Express-News read "Never Give Up." I did not see nor read this until just this morning while flipping through the December 30th paper looking for movie show times. I had been dead set against making any firm resolutions...at least out loud...but the more that I think about it I really like this one: NEVER GIVE UP. And so, with the promise of a whole new year ahead I am choosing to take each day separately and never give up...whether it is the desire to eat healthy or the need to exercise...whether it's the chance to visit with friends or the opportunity to change...I will never give up. Sure, there will be days, weeks, even months, where I fail...but I really won't if I never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment