Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Space





We all need our space...a place that is our very own. For me it is my writing loft...for Roo it is where I lay my head each night. I love that she loves to be there nestled in my scent...her mama. Before, when I had my age old bedding I didn't give it a second thought, but now that I have recently purchased a new comforter set I am a little apprehensive. Mostly because Roo tends to "dig" her way into a nest of bedding (and I won't even begin to describe the sharp claws and frisky demeanor of Snickers). This new comforter has more of a satin sheen to it than any of my previous covers. I knew this when I bought it...but did it anyway. I am tired of looking so far into the future and trying to be sensible...I am ready to just be happy for the moment--shredded sheets and all.




After making my bed I decided that I would set one of Roo's many beds on top of my bed in an effort to prevent her from digging and scratching. As you can see from the photos above she didn't dig that idea at all! I don't blame her--I, too, love to snuggle in and burrow down in a spot that makes me feel loved, warm, and relaxed. Old, new, borrowed, or blue, we all need to carve out a space that is just ours.







No comments:

Post a Comment