Monday, January 12, 2009

No Food For Thought


As someone relatively new to the world of diet & exercise I have to say it sucks. That's right...I used one of my all time most hated words...in print! I have enjoyed a blessed stint as the beneficiary of a high metabolism but, as they say, all good things must come to an end. That is why I have tried to start the year off right. I have made a gallant effort to drink more water, eat salad for lunch, and, dare I say it, exercise. The hard part has been putting a muzzle on my hunger. I am always hungry and I want nothing but junk. A York Peppermint Patty seems to do what a leaf of lettuce can't. After I do get a cardio workout in I am only thirsty for a cold beer...with a twist of lime (does that count as a fruit?...a vegetable?...) After my third workout my right hip is screaming, "GIVE ME GLOCOSAMINE CHONDROITIN!! NOW!!
To help with the pain I am on my second glass of red wine...grapes are a fruit, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment