Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Two Hour Delay That Made My Day

I felt human this morning! School was delayed for two hours so the kids and I were able to wake up with the sun and mull around the house with the Today Show on in the background. I actually cooked us breakfast (okay... it was cinnamon rolls...but it involved the oven)! We were able to take our time and we even managed to get to school/work early. It was simply glorious!

After I got to work it seemed the everybody else's morning was just as wonderful. Everyone commented on how nice it was to have that little bit of extra time in the morning. The atmosphere was a pleasant one. I just can't imagine if every day started off like this one did.

All day long people wore a smile...coughs and sneezes be darned. Yes, the side effects of hot and cold days, and windy and drizzly days, combined with over 700 noses...all crammed inside one building day after day...well...let's just say a big "Thank You" to the tissue companies of the world...and let's give an even bigger Shout Out to the antibacterial soap manufacturers of the world while we're at it!!!

I guess what I am getting at is this: despite a day spent with watery eyes, itchy eyes, burning eyes, and tired eyes; despite a day spent clutching wads of damp tissues and applying Zovirax to a fever blister; despite a day where Vaseline lived in a smeared smudge between the bottom of my nose and the top of my lip...I was happy. I was happy because I had a little bit of a morning to call my own...enough time before work to actually make my bed...and when I return home late tonight the sight of my made up bed will complete the circle of my day. Just thinking about it makes me happy all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment