Thursday, January 29, 2009

Under the Whether or Not?

I can't decide whether or not I am sick. On one hand my eyeballs feel like they are rolling around in a sandbox, on the other they can still see the world around me. On one hand my nose feels like a leaky faucet, on the other I can still breathe through it. I have felt better, but I have definitely felt much much worse. It is hard to give in to the sniffles because, while they certainly tend to wear down our bodies, they don't completely debilitate us. We all know that there are far worse illnesses from which to suffer. There is just something about the common cold; although we can still get up and go to work, we'd really like to stay in bed and drop tissues over the side of our bed while commandeering the remote. But, having a cold is really not being sick enough. We always feel like we have to be really sick to justify staying home from work. Whether or not we feel like it a cold is something that reminds us that we are fortunate that we aren't that sick and that we should be grateful for our otherwise healthy daily existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment