Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Copy & Print

1500+ pages and 3 1/2 ink cartridges later I have finally finished printing out a hard copy of some of my journal entries from the past couple of years that I had saved on my computer. While I will jot things down on paper every now and then the bulk of my writing is done on the computer. I had often thought about spending a day or four at the library printing out hard copies but at .10c a copy I wasn't so sure. But at the same time I was always fearful that my computer would crash and then my life would end. I had backed everything up on a couple of flash drives, but nevertheless I wanted it printed (not to mention that it is much easier to read that way!).

Anyway I am so relieved now that it is done. From now on I'll be able to print as soon as I finish each entry. Wow! This "new technology" is amazing!!! I suppose now I should put everything on a CD and then I'll be up to snuff. It sure feels good to accomplish something!

On another note I am looking forward to meeting a friend for lunch this afternoon so we can catch up and enjoy being out. After our visit I am off to my best friend's house to check out her new and improved bathroom! (I'll do anything to get out of here lately!!) At least this way I'll have something "exciting" to tell people when they ask me what I did over the summer!

Tonight my husband and I are going to a dude ranch as invited guests. We will be in the "ghost town" area (go figure) and the attire is western (I'm wearing heels and a skirt...no bolos or conchos for moi). Considering the fact that the "worst drought in history" is still upon us I can't wait to walk around in the dust...although if I get enough on me it just might mask the veins around my ankles.

No comments:

Post a Comment