Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dress Rehearsal

The "good" thing (if you could call it that) about a week's worth of inservices is that it allows you some full dress rehearsals before the real deal. Fortunately I do not have to report to these meetings until 8:30 instead of the regular 7:30 (this is awesome because I have a lot more "free time" in the mornings-plus it's just ME getting MYSELF ready). Anyway, it has become blaringly apparent that I am not ready for the premiere. Take yesterday morning for example: I found myself all dressed and ready to go with 15 minutes to spare. Before I even got dressed I had showered, washed my hair, had a cup of coffee, read my daily devotions, and checked my email. I applied full makeup and got dressed up. When I went to the mirror to get one last look at myself I noticed that I still had my wet hair wrapped up in a turban. I had completely forgotten all about it. And, while we're talking about failing memories, I also forgot to apply moisturizer before slathering on my concealor. So then I had to rub moisturizing lotion on top of the concealor hoping that it would all congeal into a nice dewey finish.

Once I was at work I noticed that the band aids I slapped on both of my feet were pushed back and crumpled to the point where the newly formed blisters (a direct result of having to wear something other than flip flops for two days in a row) were exposed and the balled up band aids were quite the eye sore. The strap on the side of my favorite low-heeled-yet-still-comfortable sandals was one thread away from forcing me to spend the rest of the work day in my fuzzy house shoes I keep in my bottom desk drawer. So much for the "I'm going to dress for success" attitude. The folks at work better be glad that I can even dress myself at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment