Friday, August 22, 2008

Hair Today-Gone Tomorrow

In an attempt to streamline my morning and evening routines now that we are a weekend away from D-Day, I have decided to wax myself. Since I don't want to even think about making an appointment (not to mention showing up for it) I went ahead and snatched a Sally Hanson box off the Walmart shelf the other day. I was fully prepared to pour the contents over the top of my head and rip away...head to toe. Then I read the instructions: make sure hair is at least 1/4" long. Great...I had just wasted a shave and now I'd have to wait a whole day. Yes, my hair grows quickly...well...everywhere except on my head wouldn't you know it. Anyway, the weird thing was my morning and evening routines were already quicker because I wasn't shaving. It was so nice not to maintain anything. Now, keep in mind I hadn't waxed yet so even though I was becoming a speedy bather I now had to limit my clothing choices to pants and long sleeves.

It is finally Friday and the great American Wax-off will officially begin this evening. I know enough to know that the wax won't strip away the spider veins and blisters, but I am hopeful that it will shave off a few morning minutes spent in the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment