Monday, August 4, 2008

Running On Empty

It's getting closer and closer to my freedom pass's expiration date. But as I face the fact that all good things must end I have also hyped myself up with enough positive mumbo jumbo that I actually thought ahead for once and decided to be one of the first (instead of the last) to get my picture taken for my new school i.d. badge. Not to mention the fact that my hair looked GOOD! I was already in town and decided that it was time to kick the procrastination habit.

"I'm sorry...we're all out of ink. You'll have to come back tomorrow." Huh? She so did not just say that. How can you be out of ink on the very first day of picture taking? Did you not pack a spare?! OMG!! Well, as you can probably guess my "be prepared-don't procrastinate-keep a positive outlook mentality" was squelched before I could be told "...have a nice day!" Whatever!

This all happened after I had been over at my place of employment removing all of my belongings, books, files, manuals, notebooks, computers...out of my office so that ALL OF THE CARPET IN THE ENTIRE LIBRARY can be REMOVED next weekend!!! I have to go back later in the week to pack up the computes and all of the books that were on the bottom shelves in the nonfiction section that were initially removed during the flooding in an effort to save them (a HUGE thank you to everyone who did that while I was completely unaware of the "situation" that was going on...thanks to my dial up life).


Despite the fact that our school is ...uh..."not ready", my library books are a tad "out of order", all teachers report to duty in one week, there is a hurricane brewing in the Gulf...which means it will be RAINING WHEN I RETURN TO GET MY PICTURE TAKEN (think hair)...I can still say that I will do my best to plan ahead. In fact...after the no picture fiasco I drove straight to Walmart and bought not one, not two...but THREE INK CARTRIDGES THANKYOUVERYMUCH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment