Saturday, August 2, 2008

Do You Hear What I Hear?

Just saw the movie, Mama Mia, last night. I am still humming the catchy songs in my head. I am feeling a little elated and giddy right now. The whole time I was in the theater I couldn't help but to think that this movie is so GIRL!!! It had just the right mix of all of the things that speak to our inner chick. I can't say too much because I would hate to be the one to spoil one minute of the movie for any of you so all I can really say is this: GO SEE IT!! Hurry up before anyone tells you about it!!

I will say this though-although I can't sing to save my life I want to walk around on my tip toes singing while I go about my day. I want to reconnect with my girlfriends and quit trying to be someone I'm not...I want to celebrate the me that I am. Wow! All this from a musical?!

One the best things about the whole experience was that I saw it with three other women friends of mine. Technically we are coworkers but after multiple years of working together and sharing our lives with each other I am proud to call these ladies my friends. I want to go back and take my daughter and my mother to see it as soon as possible. I even went so far as to buy the soundtrack on my way home! I can't even remember the last time I bought a CD...I think it was back before the Dixie Chicks made their "comments."

And now, what is a girl to do? How must I cope with the sad fact that my family is not very likely to twirl a mop or broom with gusto all the while singing their smiling hearts out about the thrill of cleaning house. That is about as likely as my husband wearing rolled up, baggy ,white ,cotton pants; shirtless and barefoot (think Pierce Brosnan here). I guess I'll just have to resort to memorizing the lyrics so I can belt it out while scrubbing our toilets...at least the acoustics are great in the bathroom ...Mama Mia!

No comments:

Post a Comment