Thursday, July 31, 2008

Concrete Plans

I can now check "make a sidewalk" off of my list. That's right folks...yours truly was part of a four person team (i.e. my husband, our two kids, and myself) who worked their buns off pouring a sidewalk from our mudroom to our carport...outside...in the HEAT. I have to admit it was kind of fun getting cement splatters on my expensive sunglasses (not) and blisters from my fake Crocs (not). I especially enjoyed yelling at my daughter to "Hurry Up with the trowel!" Oh, I also don't want to leave out the permanent indentions that are now on my knees from the sticks, rocks, and dirt. I looked especially stylish in my fluorescent orange "jogging" shorts (at least I got some use out of them this summer) and my baby blue field day t-shirt from work (which now hugs my tummy just enough to make sure everyone knows where my belly button is). My toneless white legs spilled out below and landed inside my navy fake Crocs from Wally World. To top off "the look" I had on my extra large and fancy black and white sunglasses and a camouflage floppy hat.

When all was said and done we somehow managed to get the job done in two and half hours. I was proud that I actually had dripping sweat as proof of my efforts. Now I can honestly say that I am looking forward to it actually raining so that I can get to my car without making a muddy mess of my high heels. I am hopeful that this will also alleviate the amount of grass, hay, muck, dirt, dust, and filth that seems to stick to my kids and live in my car.



As a reward for our hard work the four of us headed down to our local dive for a superb Mexican meal. We are so fortunate to have such a tasty establishment so close to our home. Now we are all bloated and tired and ready for a movie. It'll have to be pay-per-view (amazingly enough this will be our first ppv experience...I know...a computer, the internet and pay-per-view...all in the same year...the end must be near!) because we are nowhere near a Blockbuster and I don't think any of us can move. At least we can all go to bed knowing that we worked hard as a family, and that will forever be set in stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment