Sunday, July 13, 2008

She's Back

Well...she's back home. In a matter of 1 hour and 4 minutes she has managed to roll her eyes enough times to make up for her two day absence. I keep chanting and wiggling my fingers like someone trying to ward off evil spirits-"No room for negative energy, no room for negative energy." Somehow she got me to prepare her a tall glass of chocolate milk (though in the end she had to doctor it up a little more to her liking...thus totally taking the "milk" out of the equation). I gently asked her to empty the dishwasher (it's all in the approach) but barely received a grunt of acknowledgement from the back of her head.

She wanted me to practice calligraphy with her, she wanted me to doctor her toe, she wanted me to scratch her back, she wanted to make up for her lost time with Mom. She just spent two days of undivided attention from Grandma and Grandpa and must have used up all her happy. It makes me wonder why some people, even my own child, prefer to pout. I am such an empathetic soul that this unnerves me to no end. My stomach starts feeling queasy and I want to run around apologizing to them; for them. Why is this?

All I can do is to continue to look for the good and stay on the positive course. I know that while I can parent to the best of my ability I can not change another. I can only pray and release.

No comments:

Post a Comment