Thursday, July 17, 2008

Shaken-Not Deterred

Before I fell asleep I visualized "the perfect day." This visualization had me waking well-rested and happy. I looked like those made up actresses after a great night. Hell...I could've been a Bond girl. My dark, auburn tresses (slightly curled at the ends) cascaded down my back...my bare, tanned back. My legs were toned and my butt was thong worthy. I slinked into the bathroom where I changed into my sporty athletic wear. I now looked something like Eva Longoria...all tiny and petite. My Nike running shoes were like new (though I'm certain I have gone through pair after pair) and my cheekbones were high...it was time to hit the pavement. I jogged my morning mile or four and returned to a still sleeping husband. I showered and then put on some silky pajamas with a matching robe...the kind with the flirty butterfly sleeves. I fluttered into the breakfast nook where I prepared my coffee. As I was standing over the stove creating a breakfast for champions my sexy husband shuffles his way behind me. He's got on those perfect manly pajama pants-rolled down just so...something Pierce Brosnan would perhaps wear...

That's as far as I got. Sorry to disappoint. I kept replaying it over and over but I never got past the stove. But I will tell you this: I woke up this morning before my alarm (yes, I set my alarm...I have to get something done this summer!) and I...are you ready for this?...put on my tennis shoes! Freaky weird I know. I put on some shorts and a T and went on a morning walk/jog. Granted my sort-of-blonde bob and I would not get a call back at a Bond girl audition, and as far as that butt image I mentioned earlier...I can't even fit into a sarong these days let alone a thong. But I did get up, exercise, have a cup of coffee, and I even made scrambled eggs.

I am SO glad that my visualization stopped at breakfast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment