Saturday, July 19, 2008

Bobcat Workout

Remember the "Ab-buster?" Or how about the "Chuck Norris/Christie Brinkley endorsed gadget?" What about the "exercise ball?" Perhaps you prefer pilates to Jane Fonda's step aerobics? Perhaps you're into yoga. Well prepare yourselves to toss out the Stair Master and the Bowflex because I've discovered the best kept secret in workout machinery: The Bobcat Workout.

I was "fortunate" enough to experience this phenom just the other day. Let me take you there: I was in the comfort of my air conditioned home doing things that made me happy...such as reading and lounging. My husband was outside doing whatever made him happy...such as...watering the yard and fixing things. He called me on my cell and asked me if I wanted to meet him outside and look for rocks. Hmmm...how interesting??? In the past we have enjoyed fossil hunting and I figured why not? I sauntered outside and walked down to the barn. As soon as I got there my husband told me that he needed me to operate the bobcat (as in TRACTOR) while he searched for large rocks that will be used to line our garden. Alrighty-then. I hopped up into the driver's seat and settled myself down amongst the grime. As I backed up the tell-tale beep-beep sounded and I was off. If you've never driven a bobcat then you are missing out. It is like an amusement park ride gone wild. The jerking alone will have you shaking hours after getting off the darn thing. The slimy orangy-brown grime that pools at the bottom of the gears along with the scent of engine and fuel will have you feeling fine in no time. Seeing as I am a short individual my legs were totally extended and believe it or not I used stomach muscles I never knew that I even had!

It was sweaty fun and I actually enjoyed it. I had to put up with a husband who thought it necessary to "show me where to turn" (so I wouldn't run over a TREE), but overall it was a great experience. I think I would much rather run over things and lift and drop a bucket than raise my left knee to my right elbow anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment