Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Home Sweet Home...Now Get Out!

It's amazing what a deadline will do to you. Now that "the end is near" as far as my summer vacation is concerned I have managed to finally tackle several of the projects that I thought of starting back on May 31st. My loft is...dare I say it...clean. My bathroom closet is straightened. Even the cabinet beneath my sink is organized. Now I'm starting to feel the urge to leave my house and meet with friends. While I enjoy being at home I think it has a lot to do with the fact that so much is left undone here. I always feel like I need to be here to put it all back together. But once everything is in its place I feel the overwhelming need to get the hell out before it gets messed up again!

That is the thing with working: you try so hard to balance your time off with just the right mix of doing everything you never have time for and doing absolutely nothing. I must say, I am quite the master of nothing...literally. I have never been a fan of staying busy and yet I've never even considered the word "bored." I truly take advantage of my time off and use it to refuel and recharge not only my physical self but my emotional soul as well. I firmly believe in slowing down and looking within. I have seen some great things I would have otherwise missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment