Monday, July 28, 2008

Going it Alone...Together

There is something to be said about how three women can alternate their time between overlapping sentences interpersed with a fit of giggles so intense they can only find their way out via a loosened bladder...and pure, unadulterated SOLITUDE. That just about sums up our girls' weekend at the lake. We had so much catching up to do but at the same time each of us needed our own personal getaway. It was so nice to not have our every thought or action questioned. If we wanted to eat...we ate. If we wanted to nap...we napped. At one point my daughter called and when I told her that each of us was sitting in our own chair, reading our own books, and that no one was talking to the other she simply replied, "That sounds boring." Ah...quite the contrary. There was so much going on within that words fail. But if you are a woman reading this you will no doubt "get it" when I say this: time stopped even though the shallow creek we were in babbled on. Heart rates slowed and blood pressures dropped even though cardinals flitted hither and yon and minnows darted left and right. I am sure that channels were changed and voices were raised all around the world that weekend, but not where we were. A remote control was no where to be found and our three voices threaded into one soft note of eternal friendship. Secrets were shared, memories were recalled, and hearts were filled. I love my friends and I love that they love me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment