Monday, August 11, 2008

Feeling the Burn

Well, here it is the Monday before the Thursday I return to work for the new school year. I finally made good on my promise to get up early and walk in the morning. My daughter has a doctor’s appointment this afternoon at 1:30 so I have plenty of time to wait for the internet to connect.

My face has been zit free all summer long, but now that I have to sit in an auditorium with 1000+colleagues my jaw line is peppered and the infamous Cyclops look is upon me…go figure. After purchasing nothing but accessories (read:PURSES) all summer I must now face the fact that I have nothing to wear but plenty to carry.

My daughter is now using a flat iron while I just experienced my first "fat" iron. Let me explain: I was ironing a blouse (only because I had a meeting with my boss) and I was fresh out of the shower (only because I had a meeting with my boss). As I stood there in my next to nothings I somehow managed to run over my stomach with the iron. Nothing says WAKE UP AND START THAT EXERCISE PROGRAM like a hot iron to the gut. Talk about feeling the burn!

As I walked past our chicken coop I heard the roosters crowing and thought to myself, MEN! They are so darn noisy! Especially in the mornings when us hens are wanting to savor each precious second before the chicks wake up and peck away at us. And then I thought, COOP…how appropriate. With the heat of the summer and the kids and I at home we are certainly feeling cooped up with not much to crow about.
I guess it really is time to head on back to school/work (did I really just say that?!) Oh CacaDoodleDo!

No comments:

Post a Comment