Saturday, September 6, 2008

Just Right

Once upon a time there were 3 bears...sound familiar? Well I felt like I was living out this fairy tale as I was shopping for shoes. Everything was either a little too big, a little too small, a little too expensive...nothing was ever just right. Sometimes an 8 fit...other times a 9 1/2 fit...what is a bargain hunter to do? You see, I am extremely intimidated by the "maul" and all of its perfect displays and pricey items. I feel uncomfortable knowing that everyone else can afford the goods. For one reason or another I always feel like I snuck into a club and am trying to take it all in before being found out.

That is why I shop the strip malls...the outlets...the Marshalls of the fashion world. I feel comfortable among the disarray. I feel like a card carrying club member in these stores. In a way I feel like I am rescuing the clothes that just didn't make the "mall cut." Here is where I finally stumble upon Goldilock's cottage. And if I rummage through it long enough I often find something just right for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment