Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Time Out

Wishing I had something to say but I am too exhausted to think. I don't know why I am so tired...I got plenty of rest last night. I could barely stay awake after lunch today. When school let out I sat up in the very top row of stadium seats at the middle school and watched football practice. Every now and then the sun would duck behind some clouds and a mild wind would blow. This cooled things off a bit,but just as soon as it did the very wind that cooled me off blew away the clouds blocking the sun and had me holding up my umbrella again. I did not mind though. It was such a relaxing moment sitting up there. I let go of all thoughts and plans and just watched. The field was green and the whistles were loud. The coaches were focused and the boys were intent on proving themselves. I could have sat there until the moon shone.

I am right at the point where I need to stop and breathe or else everything will start sticking to me and weighing me down. The pace of our days and evenings is starting to pick up and I can't afford to be a slave to it. I want to make the most of these days where my kids are active and enjoying what it means to be a kid. I pray for endurance, patience, understanding, and guidance. I know I'll need each of these attributes to make it through this year. As long as I can find a way to exist on four hours of sleep and a Nutigrain bar I should be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment